Help with Passports

Get help right away
Overland Park office: (913) 621-0832.
Having an issue with your passport application or a renewal? Whether you need a passport for an upcoming business trip, to visit family, or a nice vacation, my office may be able to help you.
Please refer to this page to learn how we can help or find other resources.

How We Can Help

Our office is here to serve you if you have any problems at any step of the passport application process. We may be able to help you with:
Expedited requests.
Status inquiries.
Problems with applications.
Passport renewal delays.
General questions.
And more!
These are just some of the ways we can help. And if we can’t help you directly, we’ll do our best to find someone who can. We’re here to serve you. 
Get help right away
Overland Park office: (913) 621-0832.

Help Near You: Pop Ups and Local Events

My team regularly holds Pop Up office hours throughout our community. This way we’re in all corners of our district to more conveniently serve you in your neighborhood.
In addition, my office also often holds local events to not only hear your concerns but connect Kansans with any services or assistance that we can.
Upcoming Events: See all upcoming public events on my Eventbrite page.
Join my email updates: Get invites to new events and see the latest news.
Get help right away
Overland Park office: (913) 621-0832.

Helpful Passport Resources

Please scroll down to see resources for further help with applying or renewing your passport.
Get a Status Update: Check your passport application status online or call the National Passport Information Center at 1 (877) 487-2778.
Passport processing times: If you’re planning international travel and don’t yet have a passport, be sure to check the processing times. 
o Note: Processing times are subject to change based on the volume of applications. Generally, passport applications are at their peak in the late spring and early summer.
Expedite your passport application: If you’re traveling in 3 weeks or less, it’s recommended that you:
o Make an appointment: At a passport agency or center. 
o Make an appointmnet online: Appointments at these centers can be made online.
o National Passport Center: Or you can call the National Passport Center at 1-877-487-2778 (1-888-874-7793 TDD/TTY).
Emergency passports: It may be possible to get an emergency passport if you must travel out of the country in 72 hours or less due to a family emergency like a death in the family. Please contact the National Passport Center for help at 1-877-487-2778 (1-888-874-7793 TDD/TTY).
Find a passport acceptance facility: You may apply for your passport at an acceptance facility, which are located throughout our district in places like libraries and post offices. Routine and expedited service may be available.
Passport book or card? A valid passport is required to travel internationally. The State Department provides citizens the option of applying for either the traditional U.S. Passport Book or a U.S. Passport Card: 

o The traditional Passport Book allows for international travel by air, sea, or land. 
o A U.S. Passport Card allows for land and sea ports-of-entry crossings from Canada, Mexico, The Caribbean, and Bermuda.
o See a detailed comparison: Refer to State Department’s Passport Book webpage to see what’s best for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions: Search frequently asked questions at the State Department.
Get help right away
Overland Park office: (913) 621-0832.