Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Artistic Discovery Contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in Kansas' Third Congressional District.
The Artistic Discovery Contest is open to all high school students in our District. The winning artwork of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The artwork of the runner-up will be featured in our District office in Overland Park for one year. The exhibit in Washington will include the winning artwork from all participating districts from around the country. The winning artwork is also featured on House.gov's Congressional Art Competition page.
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- Be two-dimensional.
- Be no larger than 26 inches wide by 26 inches tall by 4 inches thick including frame (paid for at artist's expense)
- Not weigh more than 15 pounds.
- Art may be paintings, prints, drawings, photographs, collages, and computer art. (Painting media include acrylic, oil, and water-color.)
- Be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws.
- Must be a High School student.
- Student must reside or go to school in the Third Congressional District of Kansas.
To enter, please submit your work to one of our district offices and fill out the Congressional Art Competition Entry Form by April 17, 2020
For questions or more information, please contact Leslie Zukrow at email@example.com.