Davids Returns More than $1 Million to Constituents, Has Helped Over 1,000 Kansans
Representative Sharice Davids announced today that her office has returned more than $1 million to Kansas Third District constituents, and has helped over 1,000 Kansans resolve issues ranging from stalled tax refunds to backlogged Veterans’ benefits and more.
“My top priority will always be serving the people of Kansas’ Third District and making sure the government is working for them, especially during this crisis when Kansans need help more than ever. My team and I are here to help constituents cut through red tape and get resolutions to the issues they face, and this milestone is evidence of that,” said Davids.
Davids’ office has remained committed to assisting constituents throughout the coronavirus pandemic. Staff will be begin holding virtual “pop up” office hours starting Tuesday, May 12, to continue helping community members with issues related to the federal government.
Davids’ staff regularly has held pop up office hours throughout the district, making it as easy as possible for constituents to connect with the help they need. Since last January, the office has held 35 in person office hours in all corners of the Third District.
A few examples of this casework include:
- Helping a local veteran a get a Purple Heart that was owed to him for his service in Afghanistan;
- Helping a local woman receive long-overdue tax refunds from the IRS total more than $120,000;
- Helping a local man correct a clerical error on his birth certificate in order to get a passport in time for a family trip;
- Helping a former federal employee receive backlogged retirement benefits from the Office of Personnel Management;
- Helping a local family receive a copy of their adopted daughter’s Certificate of Citizenship that was never failed to mail her.
To view additional stories from Kansans who Davids’ office has helped, click here.
Residents of the Kansas Third Congressional district who need help with a federal government agency can contact Davids’ Overland Park office at (913) 621-0832 or Kansas City office at (913) 766-3993.